Moodle Quizzes, TurnItIn assignments, and Google Classroom give you tools to assess student learning and provide feedback. For student Google Docs the comments or the suggesting feature are great feedback tools. Also Kami and Kaizena are useful extensions for digital feedback.
- Create assignments and insert a google document, form, slide, video, or link.
- Quickly grade digital assignments and export into Aeries
- Every activity can have a grade and export to Aeries
- Quizzes with question banks, secure browser, auto-grading text with wildcards, and randomly generated math questions
- TurnItIn Assignments (plagiarism checking and great digital grading with re-usable quickmark comments) – also has built in audio feedback
- Google Assignments allows for grading like Classroom within Moodle
- Structured peer grading – anonymous grading with rubrics, students can be given a grade for the quality of their peer feedback (using TurnItIn Peermark or Moodle Workshop)
Google Docs Comments and Suggestions
- Google docs comments are digital sticky notes that students can reply to. Students also get an email that you made comments.
- Use Suggesting mode like MS Word’s track changes. Directly correct/annotate the student document in line. The student can then easily accept the corrections or reject them if they are advice/tips.
Kami for writing on pdfs and images
- Use this extension to write on student images and pdfs
Kaizena for quick audio feedback
- Use this extension to easily give audio feedback
FlipGrid – A social video discussion board
- Great for all levels of students. Click here to learn more.
- Another blog post explaining ways to use it and how to get started.