Skip to content
Before you pick tools for distance learning think about these key decisions and factors.
- Distance learning is different than just trying to replicate classroom instruction online. Especially in the context of the quarantine.
- How will you provide a consistent schedule and clear communication of expectations and due dates?
- How will you maintain your relationship with students?
- Think about the key pieces of learning and focus on those without trying to do everything you did in a normal setting.
- Distance learning takes students longer
- Provide for students who can only work asynchronously and sporadically
- Take care of yourself and your loved ones
We are not trying to create the best distance learning program, we are trying to support families in a time of a global crisis creating massive upheaval in people’s lives.